RBOAA members are primarily individuals who may live in Hawaii or elsewhere who:
- love Hawaii, its people, its customs and the “aloha spirit”
- own vacation property in Hawaii and rent it to visitors to help offset the cost of ownership
- are in frequent contact with potential visitors to Hawaii and serve as unofficial ambassadors, continually promoting Hawaiian tourism
- comply with Hawaiian tax, zoning, consumer protection and other regulations
- believe that tourists deserve the right of free choice to secure accommodations from hotel operators, property managers, or directly from property owners
- believe that property owners deserve the right of free choice whether to rent their accommodations directly to tourists or rent indirectly through condo / hotel operators or indirectly through property managers.